Marketing PR Intern (Unpaid)
TYT Network’s Internship Program provides a unique learning opportunity for individuals interested in careers in digital media, marketing, social media, politics, production, business operations and other related fields. Interaction with fellow interns and professionals on staff will allow for the creation of valuable contacts for the future.
We offer internships throughout the year. We are targeting current students for school credit and recent college graduates. Most summer internships are 15-20hrs/week and lasting approximately 12 weeks. School credit is strongly recommended with a letter of support from a school advisor. This Program offers invaluable hands-on training and experience through participation in projects and assignments that allow for the practical application of academic knowledge and the development of business skills necessary for a career in digital media. Interns work side by side with professionals in such areas as production, editing, graphics, administration, public relations, social media, marketing and sales as they experience the day-to-day workings of the largest and fastest growing online news network in the world!
TYT Network is committed to providing a quality learning and training experience for its interns. This program is designed to provide not only practical training but also encouragement, inspiration, and role models for a new generation. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled in college. Most positions are targeted to undergraduate upperclassmen.
We are looking for a PR and Marketing intern to help support our election 2020 coverage. You will work closely with Praveen Singh, EVP of Communications at TYT and Julie Avancena, PR and Marketing Manager at TYT. A standout candidate will have a strong understanding of the media landscape, upcoming elections, and is familiar with news programming.
• Work closely with the PR and Marketing Manager to update content calendar and schedule social posts promoting upcoming programming, business launches, special content, and more. • Responsible for writing and scheduling social posts to promote tune-in and engagement on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. • Research PR targets and media outlets including news/politics reporters, campaign reporters, podcast hosts, etc. • Coordinate with EVP of Communications and PR and Marketing Manager on upcoming campaigns around the 2020 elections. Provide support in the planning and execution of these campaigns. • Write and post live tweets during special coverage including debate nights, etc.
• Understands all aspects of social media, including copywriting, creatives, analytics, and publishing. • Collaborative team-player who is knowledgeable about the upcoming elections. • Organized individual who can manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment. • Self-starter who can execute on projects from start to finish. • This person is willing to learn, is able to adapt, and wants to gain a well-rounded experience.
‘What Does the Future Look Like’ Type: TYT.com/GO Special Initiative: Audience Fundraiser Process:
- Work with PR/Marketing Manager and Producer to make the creative graphics for social media posts. a. Submit graphics request form and work with the designer on the creatives. i. Social GFX: Fullscreen, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook ii. TYT Carousel iii. Linear Platforms (when necessary)
- While these are being created, start drafting tune-in and engagement copy that will be used on these social media posts, the website announcement, newsletter, and live read.
- Get confirmation from the Head of Programming and producer that information is accurate. . Update all creatives and copy if there are any changes.
- Once graphics are produced, schedule posts using Buffer at least a week in advance of the event. Ideal is to start promotions a week and half in advance. . PR/Marketing Manager communicates with linear partners if programming is on linear.
- Share links to social promos with guests and ask them to retweet, share, post to amplify tune-in. Also share suggested copy with guests and the files so they can post it themselves too.
INSTAGRAM • 2 Posts Tune-In • 8 Posts Guest-Specific • 4+ IG Stories
Twitter We don’t have a limit on Twitter so we can post whenever. Twitter is harder to quantify because of this but rule of thumb is to post every day for a week in the lead up to the special. • Multiple Posts for tune-In and guest specific
• Clip out ‘Live Read’ and tweet it out o Example: https://twitter.com/TheYoungTurks/status/1292583181783314437
Current College Student or Recent Graduate
Please send resumes to [email protected] and include PR Marketing Intern in the Subject Lineback