Los Angeles, CA
Political News / Media
TYT is looking for an Accounting Manager for our fast-paced, startup environment. We are looking for someone who can tackle multiple projects, be self-directed, solve problems using data, and efficiently execute deliverables. We are seeking a unique combination of technical accounting strength, experience in multiple business lines (online media, subscriptions, originals, ecommerce) and aptitude for systems, reporting and analysis. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing all accounting duties accurately and efficiently. Reporting to the VP, Finance the ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can adapt well in an always-shifting high growth environment.
__Key Responsibilities: __
- Perform accounting tasks including but not limited to: Revenue recognition and recording expenses according to GAAP Journal Entries including accruals, prepaids and deferrals Account Analysis and Reconciliations Fixed Assets and Depreciation Expense Reports
- Develop reports and reconcile financial data from 3rd party systems.
- Strengthen month-end close/budget vs actual processes and review accounting information for accuracy and reasonability.
- Provide recommendations to improve internal controls and implement/support processes where needed.
- Adapt existing processes and systems to changing business requirements.
- Prepare revenue reports, expense reports, financial schedules / reports.
- Assist in management of Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Support annual audit activities working together with external auditors for accurate and timely completion
- Ad-hoc technical accounting research, reporting, analytics and other projects.
Hands-on, can-do attitude + highly responsible, self-motivated, and self-sufficient Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA is a plus. 6+ years’ accounting experience preferably in online media, entertainment or technology companies Strong GAAP knowledge and technical accounting expertise Demonstrated success in streamlining, automating and managing processes Financial systems implementation experience a plus Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely Attention to detail and results oriented
Related Work Experience
6+ years’ accounting experience preferably in online media, entertainment or technology companies
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
TYT is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your resume to [email protected] and include Accounting Manager in the subject line.back