Temporary, Full-Time Technical Director
Los Angeles, CA
The Technical Director reports to the Director, Studio & Field Operations and will collaborate with Producers, Studio Technicians, Hosts and other cross-functional partners to ensure readiness and high-quality production of network programming. The Technical Director has a good understanding of studio operations and a collaborative mindset to meet the needs of a dynamic studio supporting a broad range of channels. Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Live-cut switching and technical direction of live and pre-taped programming both in-studio and remotely
- Ability to execute a range of skills inherent to various studio positions, such as: technical directing, audio routing, asset management, live-stream support.
- A/V(camera/audio) setup and management
- Maintain and update broadcasting profiles and ability to build out new programming profiles as new shows develop.
- Audio routing and basic audio board setup
- Ability to operate a digital audio mixer
- Ability to prepare technical setup for daily programming.
- Assist in stage management setup and teardown when needed.
- Live-stream setup and support when needed.
- Troubleshoot in a fast-paced and frequently high-pressure environment
- Manage time and communicate effectively with internal customers
- Other duties as needed
- Experience with studio equipment, including: video switchers, cameras, video formats/codecs, set lighting, video routers, cabling, etc.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Newtek Live Production switchers and related equipment a must.
- Thorough knowledge of live broadcast production workflows. Familiar w/ video switcher, profile build outs, file encoder and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of importing and playlisting program assets like lower thirds, sound of tape, still frames, etc.
- Knowledge of greenscreen fundamentals (chroma keying & lighting)
- Knowledge of video switcher based software. OBS, Vmix, Streamyard a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and direct production crew on camera adjustments, audio levels, stream distributions and other studio needs
- Strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work directly with team members to deliver quality productions daily.
- Comfortable working on a studio stage and assisting production crew (stage setup, gathering and storing props, camera placement/framing)
- Passion for delivering a consistently high quality product
- Excellent troubleshooter and works well under pressure
- Flexibility with occasionally working late and on weekends
- Capable of adapting to a rapidly changing production environment
- Ability to support a remote setup at home with sufficient bandwidth to enable a full production environment, as well as the ability to be on-site for in-studio productions.
- BFA in TV or Film Production or technical degree in TV/Broadcasting
- Minimum 5 years TV/Digital Studio experience.
TYT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume to [email protected] and include Technical Director in the subject.back