Director, Audience Development
Los Angeles, CA
TYT is America's largest online progressive news network and the #1 most engaged news and politics network. The award-winning network is one of the top multi-platform online content creators, generating over 500 million views a month.
Cenk Uygur was recognized by Mediaite on their list of Most Influential in News Media 2019. Host Ana Kasparian was named to the 2016 Forbes 30 Under 30 Media List and The Daily Dot’s 20 Women of YouTube list. The Young Turks won the Audience Honor for Overall YouTube Presence in the 2018 Shorty Awards and the Webby People’s Voice Award for News and Politics - Series. In 2017, The Young Turks received best in News and Culture at the 7th Annual Streamy Awards, won the 21st Annual People’s Voice Webby Award for Online Film & Video - News & Politics series, and was also recognized with the Audience Honor at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards under Overall YouTube Presence. The Young Turks was awarded the Imagen Vision Award and the Vote It Loud Fifth Estate: Champion in Media Award for Best in New Media in 2016. In 2015, The Young Turks was named to Variety’s FameChangers List (No. 7) and The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen List (No. 1 in the News category).
TYT includes owned and operated and partner shows such as The Young Turks, The Damage Report, TYT Investigates, Happy Half Hour, and more.
TYT’s 24/7 programming is available on YouTube TV, The Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Xumo, Twitch, Comcast Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex, Samsung TV Plus, and more.
The Director of Audience Development is responsible for expanding TYT’s reach and engagement across digital media platforms. Primary responsibilities include developing content strategies that drive and retain traffic across all TYT verticals.The ideal candidate excels at critical thinking, is an incredible storyteller and analytics-savvy individual. This person should have the ability to balance multiple priorities while having a proactive mindset towards accelerating TYT’s audience growth. This position has tremendous opportunity considering the huge TYT audience draws on a daily basis, rapid growth of the company, and strong brand recognition among millenials.
- Responsible for growth targets in reach, retention, and revenue across TYT properties
- Develop strategies and tactics for expanding TYT’s audience across multiple platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, and linear (e.g. Pluto TV)
- Lead cross-departmental team in identifying, executing, analyzing, and presenting results of monthly content optimization tests
- Drive executive buy-in and company-wide execution against growth reccomendations by blending internal data, market research, and strong communication skills into monthly presentations
- Manage reporting of platform analytics to the executive team for purposes of KPI tracking and making informed content and sales decisions
- Host weekly meetings with production to review content performance, drive execution against identified growth opportunities
We are looking for a confident, resourceful, creative, results-driven individual capable of functioning individually, as well as cooperatively with the team. At least 5 years experience preferred. This position requires exceptional analytical, organizational, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills. Other requirements include:
- 3 to 5 years verifiable history in driving organic + paid audience growth on media platforms
- A demonstrable proficiency in storytelling with data
- A SQL ninja who can build their own queries through direct database access, and can advise on future database structure
- Experience with project management and A/B testing
- Exceptional horizontal-leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with YouTube+Facebook analytics
- Proficient with G-Suite and Microsoft Office (especially Powerpoint and Excel)
- Experience with Tubular Labs and Google Data Studio is highly preferred
- Certified in YouTube Audience Growth We offer a fun, high energy, dynamic working environment. Independent thinking and creative new ideas are encouraged and supported throughout the company. This position is full-time and based in Los Angeles.
BA / BS required