Growth Marketing Manager
Marketing, Political News, Media
The Growth Marketing Manager is responsible for owning the communications calendar and executing our digital messages across email, SMS, push, and in-app to engage audiences and help them along the customer journey through supporter acquisition and retention.
This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces across cross-functional teams. As part of the growth team, you’ll work closely with the membership and audience development teams in planning and executing scheduled email, SMS and push distributions, automated campaigns, and supporting landing pages.
- Analyze past communications for clues as to how future communications might drive sales growth and improve customer retention
- Test and optimize both campaign emails (focused on supporter conversion) and content / programming emails (focused on engagement)
- Provide leadership and direction to both creative / graphics and copywriting / curation resources to produce the most engaging, best converting messages possible
- Plan messaging campaigns and maintain messaging calendar; socialize across a cross-functional team; build processes for reactive / rapid-response messaging
- Oversee messaging platforms - selection, usage, maintenance, and budgeting / costing
- Partner with Product team as needed to deliver key integrations for messaging systems and desired measurements
- Manage audience segments / lists as well as underlying segmentation attributes
- Produce regular reports on the health of the messaging business, and facilitate monthly progress reviews with management team
- Own and manage communications revenue and engagement (list growth, open & CTR) KPIs.
We are looking for:
An action-oriented person who loves getting your hands dirty in a start-up environment.This position requires exceptional analytical, organizational, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills. The right candidate will
Data-Centric: you understand how to use data available with OR/AND logic to create audience segments and how to set priority within multiple segments that overlap. You know how to use UTMs and Google Analytics to report on outcomes.
Curious Mind: your wheels are always turning; you’re ideating constantly; you’re excited by new opportunities and inclined towards action.
Detail-Oriented: obsessed with detail and testing, triple-checking that all campaigns work perfectly before deployment and comfortable working with HTML and tracking parameters.
4+ years hands-on experience creating and maintaining campaigns in campaign management/marketing automation tools such as Klaviyo, Exact Target, Pardot, MailChimp, Hubspot, etc. Experience with Klaviyo preferred but not required.
Experience partnering with a creative team, communicating design concepts, creating detailed briefs for designers/copywriters, and working together to bring designs to life as closely to design mocks as possible while keeping rounds of feedback to a minimum.
You love AB testing: you know that companies that test win. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test. You feel comfortable contributing ideas to the ab testing roadmap. You are able to identify which tests are necessary to answer large or small performance questions. You feel comfortable drawing data-based insights from tests and speaking about these results and next-steps to leadership.
Growth Mindset: you see performance KPIs as a baseline to expand upon and scale. When you see a tedious project your first thought is how can I optimize and/or automate this process?
Problem-solver: You have experience with researching questions first and are able to apply concepts to use cases without needing an itemized how-to list for every project. You are proactive about identifying potential solutions to problems first before bringing them to stakeholders or leaders for feedback, guidance, or approval.
Self-sufficient: You are comfortable working in an environment where you are not micromanaged but instead trusted to execute assigned tasks and projects (both specific and vague) by planned deadlines with minimal oversight. You are able to identify (and clearly communicate) workload capacity limitations, areas where you need more training or guidance, and timely workflow blockers to your manager, both when prompted and on your own when timely and necessary.
You have excellent communication skills, organization, teamwork, follow-up skills and understand that the strongest projects are a result of cross-functional team collaboration.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets (i.e., you know how to create and manipulate a pivot table) and the Microsoft Office Suite or Google Sheets/Google Suite.
TYT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to [email protected] and include Growth Marketing Manager in the subject line.back