Marketing Automation Manager
Marketing, Political News, Media
TYT is America's largest online progressive news network and the #1 most engaged news and politics network. The award-winning network is one of the top multi-platform online content creators, generating over 500 million views a month. Cenk Uygur was recognized by Mediaite on their list of Most Influential in News Media 2019. Host Ana Kasparian was named to the 2016 Forbes 30 Under 30 Media List and The Daily Dot’s 20 Women of YouTube list. The Young Turks won the Audience Honor for Overall YouTube Presence in the 2018 Shorty Awards and the Webby People’s Voice Award for News and Politics - Series. In 2017, The Young Turks received best in News and Culture at the 7th Annual Streamy Awards, won the 21st Annual People’s Voice Webby Award for Online Film & Video - News & Politics series, and was also recognized with the Audience Honor at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards under Overall YouTube Presence. The Young Turks was awarded the Imagen Vision Award and the Vote It Loud Fifth Estate: Champion in Media Award for Best in New Media in 2016. In 2015, The Young Turks was named to Variety’s FameChangers List (No. 7) and The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen List (No. 1 in the News category).
TYT includes owned and operated and partner shows such as The Young Turks, The Damage Report, TYT Investigates, Happy Half Hour, and more. TYT’s 24/7 programming is available on YouTube TV, The Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Xumo, Twitch, Comcast Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex, Samsung TV Plus, and more.
The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for owning the communications calendar and executing our digital messages across email, SMS, push, and in-app to engage audiences and help them along the customer journey through supporter acquisition and retention.
This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces across cross-functional teams. As part of the growth team, you’ll work closely with the membership and audience development teams in planning and executing scheduled email, SMS and push distributions, automated campaigns, and supporting landing pages.
- Analyze past communications for clues as to how future communications might drive sales growth and improve customer retention
- Test and optimize various categories of campaign emails (focused on supporter conversion):
- Membership campaigns
- Audience funding / donation campaigns
- ShopTYT campaigns
- Sponsored content campaigns
- Test and optimize various categories of content / programming emails (focused on engagement) - such as:
- Weekly / daily newsletters
- Petition action alerts
- Topic category alerts
- Utilize short-form, targeted, response-oriented messaging channels like SMS and push notifications in concert with email campaigns where appropriate
- Provide leadership and direction to both creative / graphics and copywriting / curation resources to produce the most engaging, best converting messages possible
- Alongside [role TBD], plan messaging campaigns, cadence of individual distributions and alignment with Marketing Calendar; socialize across a cross-functional team
- Build processes for reactive / rapid-response messaging
- Oversee messaging platforms - selection, usage, maintenance, and budgeting / forecasting / costing.
- Maintain integrity of user communication profiles to ensure we have reliable, unduplicated counts; users are all opted in and in the appropriate segments; and are promptly updated when customers tell us their preferences have changed.
- Build and maintain triggered auto-responses via user’s selected communication method, driven by product interactions on tyt.com and apps.
- Partner with Product team as needed to improve the customer journey from awareness, to consideration, to conversion, to retention, and to upgrading / expanded support by delivering key integrations for messaging systems and desired measurements.
- Create appropriate segments / lists needed to execute marketing campaigns, as well as determining new segment attributes when necessary
- Produce regular reports on the health of the messaging business, and facilitate monthly progress reviews with management team
- Accountable to revenue KPIs established for messaging campaigns, and engagement (list growth, open & CTR) KPIs.
We are looking for:
- An action-oriented person who loves getting your hands dirty in a start-up environment.
- This position requires exceptional analytical, organizational, critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills. The right candidate will
- Data-Centric: you understand how to use data available with OR/AND logic to create audience segments and how to set priority within multiple segments that overlap. You are technically adept with UTM tracking and Google Analytics to measure outcomes.
- 4+ years hands-on experience creating and maintaining campaigns in campaign management/marketing automation tools such as Klaviyo, Exact Target, Pardot, MailChimp, Hubspot, etc. Experience with Klaviyo preferred but not required.
- Curious Mind: your wheels are always turning; you’re ideating constantly; you’re excited by new opportunities and inclined towards action.
- Detail-Oriented: obsessed with detail and testing, triple-checking that all campaigns work perfectly before deployment and comfortable working with HTML and tracking parameters.
- Experience partnering with a creative team, communicating design concepts, creating detailed briefs for designers/copywriters, and working together to bring designs to life as closely to design mocks as possible while keeping rounds of feedback to a minimum.
- You love AB testing: you know that companies that test win. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test. You feel comfortable contributing ideas to the ab testing roadmap. You are able to identify which tests are necessary to answer large or small performance questions. You feel comfortable drawing data-based insights from tests and speaking about these results and next-steps to leadership.
- Growth Mindset: you see performance KPIs as a baseline to expand upon and scale. When you see a tedious project your first thought is how can I optimize and/or automate this process?
- Problem-solver: You have experience with researching questions first and are able to apply concepts to use cases without needing an itemized how-to list for every project. You are proactive about identifying potential solutions to problems first before bringing them to stakeholders or leaders for feedback, guidance, or approval.
- Self-sufficient: You are comfortable working in an environment where you are not micromanaged but instead trusted to execute assigned tasks and projects (both specific and vague) by planned deadlines with minimal oversight. You are able to identify (and clearly communicate) workload capacity limitations, areas where you need more training or guidance, and timely workflow blockers to your manager, both when prompted and on your own when timely and necessary.
- You have excellent communication skills, organization, teamwork, follow-up skills and understand that the strongest projects are a result of cross-functional team collaboration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets (i.e., you know how to create and manipulate a pivot table) and the Microsoft Office Suite or Google Sheets/Google Suite.
TYT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume to [email protected] and include Marketing Automation Manager in the subject line.back