Temporary Part-Time Studio Technician
Los Angeles, CA
12 weeks,20 hours per week
The Studio Technician reports to the Director of Studio Operations and will collaborate with Producers, Technical Directors and other cross-functional partners to ensure readiness and deliver high-quality studio production of shows. Studio Technician has a good understanding of studio operations and a collaborative mindset to meet the needs of a dynamic studio supporting a broad range of channels. Duties include working with the studio production team to execute production distribution requirements, assist production crew in executing live broadcast adjustments like moving cameras, changing lighting cues, adjusting audio, supporting livestream distribution, and other tasks associated w/ studio production. This role also assists in maintaining the overall reliability and execution of live studio broadcasts. The Studio Technician must uphold an extremely high standard for broadcast quality for all TYT related activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to work hard and persistently, be comfortable with frequent change requests and be able to work well under pressure. Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Ability to execute a range of skills inherent to typical tasks in a studio broadcast setting, such as: Stage managing, assist in changing studio sets, cameras and lights.
- Ability to manage stage during live broadcast and engage w/ host and guest in a professional manner.
- Assist audio operation in ensuring audio equipment is tested before live programming and possibly supporting audio board operation.
- Ability in preparing live distribution stream workflows via different software engines like YOUTUBE, OBS, RESTREAM, TWITCH and others.
- Monitor live streaming events for long periods of time and ability to flag inconsistencies to proper departments.
- Perform quality control duties for on-air content airing during TYT’s live broadcasts.
- Assist in setting file playlists, organize programming elements and follow show templates across all TYT channels.
- Assist in studio maintenance and organizing. Ensure studio equipment is tested regularly and flagged for repairs.
- Support production for various broadcast systems including but not limited to lighting panel adjustments, studio cabling, camera blocking and other tasks as assigned.
- Support equipment room and assist in maintaining and organizing gear. Be familiar with studio equipment and be proactive with maintenance during studio down time.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a fast-paced and frequently high-pressure environment.
- Manage time efficiently and communicate with internal support team effectively.
- Other duties as needed.
Experience with live “On-Air” environment and broadcast equipment. Experience using a broad range of studio equipment - studio Cameras, tripods, microphones, lighting grid and panels, XLR/SDI/HDMI and other studio cabling. Experience in setting up multiple streaming distribution software like YOUTUBE, OBS, RESTREAM, TWITCH and others, or ability to quickly learn. Strong knowledge of studio production equipment and some field equipment for live remote hits. SONY/CANON cameras preferred. Experience in an On-air broadcast environment; specifically a strong background in executing live broadcasts. Experience demonstrating an overall understanding of the broadcast production process & news/sports/entertainment technical production requirements. Knowledge of studio switchers, routers, communication systems, graphic ingest and automation systems a major plus. Strong attention to detail and ability to stay focused for a long period of time. Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to work well under pressure. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Maintain professional attitude when dealing w/ Hosts, Guests, Producers, Technical Directors and all other team members. Work well within a team environment. Ability to work a flexible schedule in support of ongoing productions. Ability to provide a remote setup w/ internet access and strong bandwidth. BA/BS in TV Broadcast, Film Production or Technology or equivalent experience
TYT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit questions and your resume to [email protected]. Be sure to include the position title “Studio Technician” in the subject line of your email.back