Temporary Graphics Artist I
Graphics, News, Media, Politics
October 2020 - January 2021
TYT is the largest online news and talk network for the connected generation. The award-winning TYT is one of the top multi-platform online content creators, generating over 200 million views a month. According to the most recent comScore ratings, TYT ranks #1 in News and Politics on all digital platforms among the millennial audience (18-24).
The Young Turks won the Audience Honor for Overall YouTube Presence in the 2018 Shorty Awards and the Webby People’s Voice Award for News and Politics - Series. In 2017, The Young Turks received best in News and Culture at the 7th Annual Streamy Awards, won the 21st Annual People’s Voice Webby Award for Online Film & Video - News & Politics series, and was also recognized with the Audience Honor at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards under Overall YouTube Presence. The Young Turks was awarded the Imagen Vision Award and the Vote It Loud Fifth Estate: Champion in Media Award for Best in New Media in 2016. In 2015, The Young Turks was named to Variety’s FameChangers List (No. 7) and The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen List (No. 1 in the News category).
Host Cenk Uygur was named one of the 25 Most Influential People in Political News, according to Mediaite. Co-Host Ana Kasparian was named to the 2016 Forbes 30 Under 30 Media List and The Daily Dot’s 20 Women of YouTube list.
In 2018, TYT launched a 24-hour channel on YouTube TV. TYT includes more than a dozen owned and operated and partner shows such as The Young Turks, #NoFilter, The Damage Report, We the People with Nina Turner, Pitchfork Economics with Nick Hanauer, TYT Investigates, Happy Half Hour, and more. Please visit TYT.COM for more information.
The Graphic Artist will work with many internal teams to create aesthetically effective graphics. The individual will be responsible for the technical design skills required to achieve the desired end product, will bear the majority of the micro aesthetic and artistic decisions and much of the macro design decisions as well, but must always be flexible to adapt to needs and expectations. Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Create and deliver high quality graphics for shows, events, marketing, and social media.
- Produce dynamic and adjustable on-air graphics for multiple digital platforms.
- Design new and original graphics packages for new shows and TYT events and creatives.
- Coordinate with department managers for daily/long term projects.
- Consult on network-wide graphics to maintain quality and consistency across channels.
- Manage time and project execution in all aspects of role.
- Communicate effectively within and outside of teams.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience in Adobe After Effects.
- Experience with Ross XPression system is a big plus.
- Strong working knowledge of graphic design and vectors.
- Strong artistic sense and talent to create original and requested designs.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work directly with team members and alone.
- Formal graphics training or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with social media marketing on all relevant platforms.
- Good time management skills.
Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
TYT is an equal opportunity employer.
• Please send resume with Temporary Graphic Artist I in the subject line to [email protected]back