Los Angeles, CA
About TYT Network
TYT is the largest online news and talk network for the connected generation. The award-winning TYT is one of the top multi-platform online content creators, generating over 200 million views a month. According to the most recent comScore ratings, TYT ranks #1 in News and Politics on all digital platforms among the millennial audience (18-24).
Most recently, Cenk Uygur was recognized by Mediaite on their list of Most Influential in News Media 2018. The Young Turks won the Audience Honor for Overall YouTube Presence in the 2018 Shorty Awards and the Webby People’s Voice Award for News and Politics - Series. In 2017, The Young Turks received best in News and Culture at the 7th Annual Streamy Awards, won the 21st Annual People’s Voice Webby Award for Online Film & Video - News & Politics series, and was also recognized with the Audience Honor at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards under Overall YouTube Presence. The Young Turks was awarded the Imagen Vision Award and the Vote It Loud Fifth Estate: Champion in Media Award for Best in New Media in 2016. In 2015, The Young Turks was named to Variety’s FameChangers List (No. 7) and The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen List (No. 1 in the News category).
Host Cenk Uygur was named one of the 25 Most Influential People in Political News, according to Mediaite. Co-Host Ana Kasparian was named to the 2016 Forbes 30 Under 30 Media List and The Daily Dot’s 20 Women of YouTube list.
In 2018, TYT Network launched a 24-hour channel on YouTube TV. TYT Network includes more than a dozen owned and operated and partner shows such as The Young Turks, #NoFilter, The Damage Report, We the People with Nina Turner, Pitchfork Economics with Nick Hanauer, TYT Investigates, Happy Half Hour, and more. Please visit TYT.COM for more information.
The TYT Community Manager is a constantly evolving voice and human face of the brand. We are looking for an experienced community manager to join our community team. As the original and still leading digital-first independent live news and commentary company, we need your help to shape our audience’s passion for independent coverage and commentary of current progressive issues into broadening and deepening our conversation, extending into activism at the local, state and national levels. Since this role is responsible for engaging with our social communities, and TYT has a strong presence across a number of public social platforms, you should be socially and digitally-savvy, knowing how to incite and further conversations that deepen our members’ attachment to the brand and our mission.
- Work closely with the product, marketing, programming, and care teams to develop a strategic vision for TYT’s online community and launch campaigns that help grow the community and drive brand objectives.
- Identify real time opportunities to make a difference with our members. This individual will be looked to for thought leadership on what’s happening daily across social media. As the ear to the ground, this role will also ensure community feedback is incorporated into company planning and product development.
- Facilitate thoughtful discussions with audience members to enhance their content consumption, content creation, dialogue and activism experiences
- Develop public-facing rules for participating in owned audience discussion areas; processes for identifying and promoting the best discussions / comments, and screening out violations of our discussion rules
- Monitor (and when appropriate, participate in) un-owned audience discussion areas, with the goals of leading / representing the entire community, wherever and however they exist, and building the brand
- Develop public-facing rules for accepting community content submissions, processes for identifying and promoting great audience content submissions, and screening out violations of our submission rules
- Oversee power user program for highly engaged community members
- Partner with care team to leverage knowledgebase for tech and product concerns raised by audience members
- Guide makeup of and triggers for merchandise benefits to premium subscribers
- Scale the community function by developing guidelines for other community members to participate in management and developmental activities.
- A track record in building passionate communities organically, on and offline
- Ideally, an active social user, with deep awareness of internet culture and progressive politics
- Exceptional written and communication skills
- Prior experience developing, implementing and policing Brand Voice Guidelines
- Day-to-day management of TYT’s handles across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and more including calendar creation and maintenance, content publishing, tagging etc.
- A track record with implementing and maintaining community gamification systems for growth and engagement
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and ability to take on projects with little oversight
- Fluency in the language of social: GIFs, memes, stickers, emojis, etc.
- Experience with starting thoughtful discussions and intervening during crisis situations to protect the brand
- Experience with applying analytics to solve problems
- Experience contributing to product decisions and improvements.
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our Culver City office
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Experience building online communities, leading a community team and leading community programs
- Experience with email service providers
- Experience with data driven decision making and working with product analytics platforms (Amplitude, Google Analytics, etc)
TYT Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resumes to [email protected]back